Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Strangers (2008).


Yes I just watched The Strangers (2008) yesterday, it's about a young couple staying in an isolated vacation home are terrorized by three unknown assailants.yes got hat from imdb.com :)
They've got Liv Tyler and Gemma Ward in it. Yes u haf seen smashin Liv from Armageddon (don wana miss a thing :P) look absolutely gorgeous and you have Gemma Ward who is also a 1987 baby (goddamnit) and is actually discovered as a model turn actress. She is associated with several top brand fashion designer such as Dior, Prada, Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent etc. AMAZING. oh plus shes an ozzie!
I would rate the show a 5 out of 10 and I'm being soft here. I think the film maker is trying to classify the show as psycho thriller BUT I believe the effect didn't work as well as it was suppose 2 be...the show started really emotional and slow..silence..sounds..flashbacks...ofcourse there's always obsurdity in psychothriller movie so I wouldn't touch that point. But let's face it, any possible thing that would make u jump out of the chair in the movie are basically noises made. like knocks on the door, bell sounds n etc.
I wouldn't watch the movie again..to me it failed as a psychothriller movie..there'e no maniac or hyper paranoid effect to it..again Liv Tyler was gorgeous


No comments: